Compliance and Investigations
Our compliance and investigations team at LC Lawyers LLP in Hong Kong represents our clients across the world and cover the full spectrum of investigations and legal compliance services.
Our role as regulatory compliance lawyers in Hong Kong is to assist corporations in running their processes and actions smoothly and in coherence with the law. Legal compliance services are crucial if you want to guarantee that your Hong Kong company follows the rules and regulations stipulated by both the government and internal regulators.
We cover all of the following:
- Conducting pre-acquisition due diligence, post-acquisition risk assessment and integration to reduce the risk of successor-liability issues;
- Designing, implementing, enforcing and stress testing regulatory compliance policies and procedures so our Hong Kong based lawyers can assist our clients in having adequate procedures to prevent bribery, corruption and other nefarious conduct;
- Conducting internal investigations and advising on compliance and regulatory issues;
- Responding to government investigations, liaising with governmental and regulatory authorities; and
- Identifying, advising on and implementing remediation measures, and conducting legal compliance training services here in Hong Kong.
As an experienced law firm in Hong Kong that provides legal compliance services, we are best known for our flexibility and our robust strategies. They involve combining our legal expertise, our deep understanding of business practices and legal and regulatory systems, particularly in Hong Kong and mainland China, and our knowledge and experience in dealing with data and technology related issues.
Based in Hong Kong, our team of compliance lawyers have first-hand experience in dealing with governmental and regulatory compliance authorities. They represent and successfully advocate for clients in defending investigations and enforcement proceedings. We advise and assist clients in managing dawn-raids, the execution of search orders and compliance with disclosure orders, protecting clients’ rights in urgent investigations. We conduct internal investigations efficiently and effectively to understand the issues under investigation, prepare clients to properly defend the investigations and/or enforcement proceedings, and to remediate any identified issues. Our compliance lawyers are well versed with and assist clients with related technology and data issues, including securing and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive data in compliance with data privacy regulations, trade and state secret, data localization and data transfer laws across Hong Kong as well as different jurisdictions.
Where necessary, we work with lawyers in other jurisdictions within the global EY network and experts in computer forensics and data analytics, managing the scope and process of collecting, assessing and producing hard copy and electronic data, including within tight timeframes. We also provide practical solutions, including on remediation, corporate governance and internal control issues. Our lawyers also assist clients in developing, implementing and monitoring regulatory compliance programmes and conduct in-house training to mitigate the risk of investigations.