Employment and Talent Management
Talent management is a very important aspect in any type of entity. An effective talent management strategy involves workforce planning, skillful implementation and compliance with relevant employment laws and regulations.
Employment law is ever-changing and becoming more complex. We provide legal services on a wide range of talent management aspects and employment-related matters, including:
- Development of workforce planning and employment policies
- Employment contracts and service agreements
- Employee handbooks and codes of conduct
- Benefits arrangements
- Employee incentive plans, such as pre-IPO and IPO share option schemes, restricted share schemes, carried interests incentive plans, share appreciation schemes
- Day-to-day work place issues including safety and health
- Discrimination and harassment issues
- Employment aspects in mergers and acquisitions, transfers of businesses and restructurings
- Determination of disciplinary matters and internal investigations to assess potential misconducts
- Providing training on legal related matters in talent management
- Termination of employment relationships in different situations, such as redundancy, misconduct, summary dismissal, and disagreement with employees
- Employment disputes and employees’ claims for damages arising from his dismissal
- Privacy and data protection in relation to employees
- Restrictive covenants including non-competition and non-solicitation undertakings
Given today’s increasingly complex regulatory environment, legal issues in talent management may arise from time to time and often require agile attention. We understand our clients’ operations and are equipped to provide legal services and practical solutions in a timely manner.
Also, we work closely with EY professionals including tax advisors, people advisory services professionals, internal control advisers and technology professionals, in order to provide integrated services and advice on cross-border employment matters.