Labour, Employment and Workforce Restructuring
Talent management is a very important aspect in any type of entity. Our labour and employment lawyers help drive effective talent management strategies that involve workforce planning, skilful implementation and compliance with relevant employment laws and regulations.
Employment law is ever-changing and becoming more complex. As a labour and employment law firm based in Hong Kong, our lawyers provide legal services on a wide range of talent management aspects and employment-related matters, including:
- Development of workforce planning and employment policies
- Employment contracts and service agreements
- Employee handbooks and codes of conduct
- Benefits arrangements
- Employee incentive plans, such as pre-IPO and IPO share option schemes, restricted share schemes, carried interests incentive plans, share appreciation schemes
- Day-to-day workplace issues including safety and health
- Discrimination and harassment issues
- Employment aspects in mergers and acquisitions, transfers of businesses and workforce restructurings
- Determination of disciplinary matters and internal investigations to assess potential misconducts
- Providing training on legal related matters in talent management
- Termination of employment relationships in different situations, such as redundancy, misconduct, summary dismissal, and disagreement with employees
- Employment disputes and employees’ claims for damages arising from his dismissal
- Privacy and data protection in relation to employees
- Restrictive covenants including non-competition and non-solicitation undertakings
Given today’s increasingly complex regulatory environment, legal issues in talent management may arise from time to time that often require agile attention from labour and employment lawyers. Our law firm understands our clients’ operations and is well-equipped to provide legal services and practical solutions for all labour and employment matters in a timely manner.
Also, we work closely with EY professionals, including tax advisors, people advisory services professionals, internal control advisers, and technology professionals in order to provide integrated services and advice on cross-border employment matters.