Mergers and Acquisitions
Our Hong Kong lawyers understand our clients’ businesses and apply our in-depth knowledge when structuring their M&A transactions, whether private or public, to address their needs and concerns. Mergers and acquisitions are common in Hong Kong and are a natural stage of business for many corporations looking to rapidly grow and expand their operations. The process can be complicated and tough to navigate without the proper legal assistance. Here at LC Lawyers LLP, we provide comprehensive merger and acquisition services to companies in Hong Kong and across the globe, and ensure the process is smooth and trouble-free.
Our Hong Kong lawyer’s expertise in Mergers and Acquisitions is recognized by Asialaw Profiles, a world-renowned law firm directory, which ranked LC Lawyers as a “Recognised” firm for Corporate and M&A in 2020-2021; and by IFLR1000, another world-renowned law firm directory, as a “Recognised” firm for Corporate M&A in 2020-2021.
We advise clients from a broad spectrum of industries. Years of experience as an M&A law firm in Hong Kong has earned us the knowledge and ability to serve our clients effectively and successfully in their best interests. Our Hong Kong lawyers understand our clients’ businesses and apply their in-depth knowledge when structuring M&A transactions, whether private or public, to address the our clients’ needs and concerns and find the best results for all mergers and acquisitions projects, including takeovers, reverse takeovers, privatizations and more.
Our Mergers and Acquisitions services in Hong Kong cover:
- A wide range of transaction types in Hong Kong including acquisitions, disposals, amalgamations, mergers, takeovers, privatizations, tender offers, auctions, spin-offs and gifts
- Targets of different natures such as securities, assets (tangible and intangible) and debts or loans
- Public companies (including listed companies) and private companies
- Takeovers, reverse takeovers, privatization lawyer assistance and schemes of arrangement involving Hong Kong listed companies
- International corporate restructuring and taxation optimization
- Private equity and venture capital investments, and pre-IPO investments
- Fund formations
- Joint ventures of different natures
- Family trusts, wealth management and family business
- China outbound investments and global investments involving Hong Kong
- Employee share-based incentive plans
- Wide range of procedures such as transaction strategies, corporate structuring, project management, legal due diligence, pre-deal legal and regulatory compliance health checks, drafting and negotiating transaction documents, post-transaction integration, as well as corporate governance.
We provide integrated services to our clients to ensure the smooth negotiation and implementation of their transactions. Our award-winning M&A lawyers can provide solution-based services here in Hong Kong. In addition, we work closely with other professionals including financial advisers, tax accountants, internal control specialists and technology experts, in order to provide integrated and comprehensive services to clients.