Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), Commercial Matters, Funds and Private Wealth
Our Hong Kong lawyers understand our clients’ businesses and apply our in-depth knowledge when structuring their M&A transactions, whether private or public, to address their needs and concerns.
Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
M&A is a natural stage of business for many corporations looking to rapidly grow and expand their operations. The process can be complicated and tough to navigate without the proper legal assistance. Here at LC Lawyers LLP, we provide comprehensive mergers, acquisitions and privatization services to companies in Hong Kong and across the globe, and ensure the process is smooth and trouble-free.
Our M&A services in our Hong Kong law firm cover:
- A wide range of transaction types in Hong Kong including mergers, acquisitions, disposals, amalgamations, takeovers, reverse takeovers, privatizations, tender offers, auctions, spin-offs and carve-outs of selected business segments and gifts
- Targets of different natures such as securities, assets (tangible and intangible) and debts or loans
- Public companies (including listed companies), private companies and fund clients
- International corporate restructuring and taxation optimization
- Financing for M&A
- pre-IPO investments
- Joint ventures
- China outbound investments and global investments involving Hong Kong
- Transaction strategies, project management, legal due diligence, pre-deal legal and regulatory compliance health checks, drafting and negotiating transaction documents, post-transaction integration, as well as corporate governance
We advise on a wide variety of commercial matters including different types of contracts, money service operator licensing, money lender licensing, stored value facilities, leasing, agency, broadcasting and entertainment.
Our team provides practical solutions, proactive services and cutting-edge advice with respect to funds of different scales and natures. Our services cover:
- Fund formation
- Fund dissolution and liquidation
- Optimal investment schemes, taxation planning, foreign exchange policies and exit plans for funds
- Licensing of fund managers
- Regulatory compliance
Our Private Wealth practice provides pro-active and pragmatic solutions to high-net-worth individuals and families to fulfil their wealth management, succession planning, family governance needs. Our services include:
- Family trusts establishment and operation
- Private wealth management and investments
- Charitable organizations and applications for Hong Kong tax exemption status
- Structuring, governance and implementation of family office structures
Our award-winning lawyers provide solution-based services here in Hong Kong. In addition, we work closely with other professionals including financial advisers, tax accountants, offshore lawyers, internal control specialists and technology experts, in order to provide integrated and comprehensive services to clients.