Principal areas of practice
Catherine’s practice focuses on assisting international corporations, financial institutions and high net worth individuals in international and domestic complex commercial litigation and arbitration in a broad range of areas, including competition, cyber fraud, product liability and contractual disputes. She also assists in handling government and regulatory investigations and advising on compliance matters, including corruption, anti-bribery and anti-money laundering.
Catherine also has experience in debt capital markets, corporate, banking and finance and in advising on pro bono matters in London and in Hong Kong.
Catherine is fluent in English, Mandarin and Chinese.
- Hong Kong
Experience and representative matters
- A dispute for an information technology company alleged to have engaged in bid rigging in a tender related to the supply and installation of a new IT server system
- A cyber fraud dispute relating to imposters procuring transfer of money of a company that offers oil and gas drilling services to a bank
- Various Hong Kong high court proceedings for a co-executor of a multi-billion dollar estate of a prominent tycoon and well-known philanthropist
- A dispute in relation to a Hong Kong listed company engaged in the construction and property development business concerning the validity of a written sale and purchase agreement and the potential wrongful termination of a proposed transaction between the plaintiff and the defendant
- An SIAC arbitration for a construction and engineering group concerning the continuous revision of programs and quality of work arising out of the sub-subcontract for the delivery of steel for a large-scale construction project in Sydney
- A HKIAC arbitration for a construction company in Hong Kong concerning the continuous changing of construction designs and quality of work and progress for a project in relation to the conversion of a block of flats into serviced apartments
- A manufacturer and marketer of heavy-duty, portable electric power tools and accessories for professional users on product liability issues
- Major banks and large multinational companies on corruption, money laundering and counter-financing of terrorism issues
- A government in its US dollar inaugural green bond issuance under the government’s green bond program, and listing of the bonds on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange
- A Russian mining and explorations company on the issuance of its US dollar guaranteed notes, and listing of the notes on the Global Exchange Market of the Irish Stock Exchange
- A pan-African bank in the issuance of its US dollar convertible bonds, and admission of the bonds to trading on the International Securities Market of the London Stock Exchange
- A generator of onshore wind energy in the United Kingdom on the issuance of its US dollar loan notes, and listing of the notes on the Official List maintained by the International Stock Exchange
- An international pharmaceutical company on the issuance of its US dollar convertible bonds, and the listing of the bonds on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- More than 30 joint lead managers in the update of a Chinese bank’s US dollar medium term note program, issuances of approximately US$ 4 billion equivalent multi-currency notes, and the listing of the notes on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, the Quotation Board of the Open Market at the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, and the China Europe International Exchange
Includes matters handled prior to joining LC Lawyers LLP
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LL.B.