Principal areas of practice
Jacky’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, employment and talent management, and restructuring and insolvency. Jacky is granted rights of audience before the Astana International Finance Centre Court. This enables him to advise and represent clients with interests in Kazakhstan and Central Asia, a region of increasing importance and activity as part of the 'One Belt, One Road' initiative.
Jacky is fluent in English and Cantonese.
- Hong Kong
Experience and representative matters
Mergers and acquisitions
- Involved in due diligence in acquisitions, risk management proposals, corporate governance plans, internal control policies and procedures, codes of conduct, employee handbooks, as well as trainings on a wide range of compliance-related topics for Hong Kong companies
- Involved in negotiating share purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, service agreements, and license agreements, planning of guarantee structures and all related transactional documents for Hong Kong companies
Restructuring and insolvency
- Involved in the restructuring of a Fortune 500 fast-food restaurant company
Regulatory compliance and commercial litigation
- Involved in the compliance issues of a Hong Kong statutory body and an Italian-based coffee roasting company
- Involved in Hong Kong proceedings regarding the shareholder disputes of a Mainland China high-tech company
- Involved in a loan recovery of an agricultural B2B e-commerce platform and a Mainland China Bank
- Advising ultra-high net worth clients on trust structures
- Providing legal learning support for the staff and distributors of a leading insurance firm and a US bank
Employment and Talent Management
- Involved in the design and implementation of workforce planning and employment policies, the drafting of various employment related documents (including employment contracts, service agreements and employee handbooks), and advising on day-to-day workplace issues including safety and health for various multinational companies
- University of California Berkeley, LL.M.
- City University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- City University of Hong Kong, J.D.
- University of Waterloo, B.A.