Principal areas of practice
Jacky’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, employment and talent management, and restructuring and insolvency. Jacky is granted rights of audience before the Astana International Finance Centre Court. This enables him to advise and represent clients with interests in Kazakhstan and Central Asia, a region of increasing importance and activity as part of the 'One Belt, One Road' initiative.
Jacky is fluent in English and Cantonese.
- Hong Kong
Experience and representative matters
Jacky has been involved in the following representative matters:
Mergers and acquisitions
- Due diligence in acquisitions, risk management proposals, corporate governance plans, internal control policies and procedures, codes of conduct, employee handbooks, as well as trainings on a wide range of compliance-related topics for various Hong Kong companies
- Share purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, service agreements, and license agreements, planning of guarantee structures and all related transactional documents for various Hong Kong companies
Restructuring and insolvency
- A Fortune 500 fast-food restaurant company on its restructuring
Regulatory compliance and commercial litigation
- A Hong Kong statutory body and an Italian-based coffee roasting company in their compliance issues
- Hong Kong proceedings regarding the shareholder disputes of a Mainland China high-tech company
- An agricultural B2B e-commerce platform and a Mainland China Bank in relation to its loan recovery
- Ultra-high net worth clients on trust structures
- Legal learning support for the staff and distributors of a leading insurance firm and a US bank
Employment and Talent Management
- The design and implementation of workforce planning and employment policies, the drafting of various employment related documents (including employment contracts, service agreements and employee handbooks)
- Day-to-day workplace issues including safety and health for various multinational companies
- University of California Berkeley, LL.M.
- City University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- City University of Hong Kong, J.D.
- University of Waterloo, B.A.