Principal areas of practice
Ken’s practice focuses on regulatory investigations, cybersecurity and data protection, financial technology compliance, electronic data preservation and retention, cyber frauds as well as complex commercial litigation and arbitration. He also assists in advising on compliance matters, including telecommunication licensing, whistleblower protection framework and anti-bribery.
Prior to his legal education, he worked in a multinational market research company for nearly 3 years where he advised clients in the financial services industry.
Ken is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Hong Kong
Experience and representative matters
Ken has been involved in the following representative matters:
- Hong Kong High Court proceedings for the former executive directors of a Hong Kong listed company in defending a derivative action commenced by a shareholder in relation to an alleged breach of director’s duties
- Hong Kong High Court proceedings for an individual in pursuing claims in Hong Kong in respect of a share purchase agreement for the acquisition of land in Mainland China
Compliance and investigations
- A former executive director of a Hong Kong listed company in responding to the investigation commenced by Hong Kong stock exchange regulators
- A Swiss luxury watch manufacturer in relation to the identification of the regulatory framework on electronic archiving in Hong Kong
- A UAE banking group in regulatory mapping of Hong Kong data protection laws against the General Data Protection Regulation
- A multinational telecommunications equipment company in relation to compliance with cybersecurity related regulations and data privacy related laws and regulations
- A Japanese telecommunications operator group on cloud service licensing, data protection and telecommunications licensing in Hong Kong
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, J.D.
- University of Bath, B.B.A., with Honors