LC Lawyers LLP is an independent law firm and a Hong Kong law firm member of the global EY network (“LCL”), in collaboration with other law firm members. LCL is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) (“PDPO”).
The “eylaw.com.hk” website (“Our Site”) is supported by EY’s IT systems/server. The data on Our Site as well as any emails and communications with LCL are hosted and processed in EY’s IT systems/server, and such data may be hosted and/or transferred and/or processed outside Hong Kong. By using Our Site and/or by communicating with LCL, you consent to the hosting, transfer and/or processing of any personal information about you as may be collected from you in EY’s IT systems/server, which may be in or outside Hong Kong. For further information concerning privacy protection at EY, please visit: https://www.ey.com/en_cn/privacy-statement
Collection, use and retention
If you are a job applicant applying for a position at LCL, your personal data collected by us may be used for the following purposes:
- Assessment of your application, including deciding whether to invite you for an interview, your suitability for a vacancy within LCL, and negotiating with and making offers of employment to selected applicants;
- conducting background checks;
- obtaining reference and/or other information from third parties about you;
- providing related information to you including information about LCL that are relevant to you, vacancies, recruitment procedures and other related information about potential positions available to you.
Your failure to provide your personal data to us would render it impossible for us to process your application.
We will retain your personal data only for so long as is necessary for fulfilling the purpose for which they were collected. After that time, your personal data will be erased.
LCL may only disclose your personal information collected through Our Site outside of LCL in the following circumstances:
- When it is necessary for the hosting, transfer and/or processing of our data in EY’s IT systems/servers and/or other external service providers whether in or outside Hong Kong;
- When it is necessary as part of the recruitment process of LCL, and in such circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to the Ernst & Young Hong Kong talent team;
- When explicitly requested by you, the site visitor;
- As required by a court order or any other legal or regulatory requirement; or
- Where the disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business.
LCL may use EY’s IT support and/or external service providers to assist with, for example, information technology and other administrative support services to operate Our Site.
Controlling your personal information
LCL does not collect or compile personal information obtained by Our Site or by LCL for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes or host mailings on behalf of third parties. You are legally entitled to request details of the personal information we are holding about you. LCL respects your personal information and provides you with the right to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date.
If at any time you would like LCL to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information, or you would like to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal information is processed by LCL, or you would like to request access to and/or correction of your personal information, or you would like to withdraw your consent to our retention and/or use of your personal data, please contact our office manager, Ms. Claudia Woo, at Claudia.Woo@eylaw.com.hk.
In accordance with PDPO, LCL reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
Please be aware that Our Site sometimes contains links to other sites that are not governed by this privacy statement. Visitors may be directed to third-party sites for more information.
LCL makes no representations or warranties regarding how your information is stored or used on third-party servers. We recommend that you review the privacy statement of each third-party site linked from Our Site to determine their use of your personal information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are used by Our Site to collect statistics about the number of visits of users to Our Site, and the users’ preference of Our Site, so that we can offer you a more personalized browsing experience.
By navigating on Our Site, you agree that we can place cookie on your computer or device and your information is being collected, stored, accessed and used as outlined above. If you prefer not to receive cookies or web beacons, you should set your browser to disable cookies or browse Our Site using the private browsing mode as may be offered by your browser.
If you have questions or you do not feel that your concerns have been addressed in this privacy statement, please contact our office manager, Ms. Claudia Woo, at Claudia.Woo@eylaw.com.hk or via your usual representative of LCL.