Jacky Chan - Associate
Jacky Chan is a Hong Kong qualified solicitor who has experience advising multinational and local clients on a wide range of issues including commercial matters, energy and resources, and employment. Jacky is also granted rights of audience before the Astana International Finance Centre Court. This enables him to advise and represent clients with interests in Kazakhstan and Central Asia, a region of increasing importance and activity as part of the 'One Belt, One Road' initiative.
- Hong Kong
- University of California Berkeley, LLM
- City University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- City University of Hong Kong, JD
- University of Waterloo, BA
- Principal Area of Practice
- Representative Matters
- Advised a Fortune 500 fast-food restaurant company with its restructuring.
- Advised a Italian-based coffee roasting company on compliance issues.
- Advised Hong Kong companies in share purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, service agreements, license agreements, planning of guarantee structures and all related transactional documents.
- Assisted Hong Kong companies with due diligence in acquisitions, risk management proposals, corporate governance plans, internal control policies and procedures, codes of conduct, employee handbooks, as well as trainings on a wide range of compliance-related topics.
- Advised a multinational insurance firm, a Italian-based luxury fashion company and a Canadian-based eye health products company with their employment matters including but not limited to recruitment, pre-employment screening, employment contracts, employee relationship management and termination.
Energy and Resources
- Assisted Mainland China companies in the development, structuring and restructuring, operation, financing and refinancing of coal-fired power station, hydropower power station, gas power station and renewables.
- Advising on Liquefied natural gas (LNG) receiving terminal project development, operations, structuring and financing including the drafting and negotiations of LNG commercial term sheets, heads of agreements, spot and term LNG sales and purchase agreements, LNG cargo swaps arrangements, LNG terminal use agreements, LNG facilities through put agreements and LNG portfolio optimizations.