LC Lawyers LLP - Kari Chow - Associate
Kari’s has experience in corporate and commercial contentious and non-contentious matters and insurance-related litigation. Kari’s practice focuses on Hong Kong IPO and Corporate Finance as well as Mergers and Acquisitions.
Kari has assisted multinational corporations on mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, as well as corporate/commercial, banking and financing and regulatory compliance matters.
Kari is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Hong Kong
- The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- University of Bristol, United Kingdom, M.A. in Law
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University, M.Phil.
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University, B.Sc.
- Principal Areas of Practice
- Hong Kong IPO and Corporate Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Experience and Representative Matters
Hong Kong Initial Public Offerings (“IPOs”) and Corporate Finance
- Involved in the IPO and listing of a Hong Kong-based civil engineering and construction company on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Involved in the IPO and listing of a Mainland China-based company that develops, manufactures and sells premium kitchen appliances in Mainland China on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Involved in the IPO and listing of a Macau-based restaurant chain on the GEM Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Involved in the issuance of convertible bonds by a Hong Kong-listed steel product manufacturer based in Mainland China.
- Involved in various cross boarder loan transactions for a leading Chinese funded commercial bank.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Involved in an acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a leading furniture manufacturing company in Mainland China by a Hong Kong listed mattress products manufacturer and the related shareholder loan involving issuance of convertible bond under a specific mandate.
- Involved in an acquisition of the entire share capitals in a subsidiary of a Taiwan listed company with businesses of electronic waste disposal in Mainland China.
- Involved in a disposal of shares in a prestigious fashion brand management company in the Asia Pacific Region.
- Involved in a disposal of shares in a private Hong Kong company holding real estate projects in the Mainland China.
- Involved in the employee shares scheme granted by the 50-50 Hong Kong joint venture company incorporated by a prestigious fashion brand management company listed in the Shanghai Stock Exchange together with another fashion enterprise listed in the London Stock Exchange.
- Involved in a post-acquisition internal restructuring of a global firm of professional intermediaries which had acquired a group of companies holding licenses for regulated activities involving amalgamation and transfer of business.
Regulatory Compliance Matters
- Involved in listing rules and Hong Kong laws compliance matters for several companies listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Includes matters handled prior to joining LC Lawyers LLP.